Blue Carn Cottage - St. Mary's
Character granite cottage where a warm welcome awaits you as we continue the tradition of generations of Scillonian flower growers welcoming guests into the farmhouse.
With views over gardens and Old Town, we are only one minute walk from the beach, and 15 minutes walk from Hugh Town.
See our recommendation in 'Lonely Planet'.
‘Home from home’ is how many of our guests describe their relaxing, comfortable stay in our historic cottage. Protected by the remains of the mediaeval Ennor Castle site and looking towards Peninnis Downs, we are one minute from Old Town’s picturesque bay, with white sandy beach, coastal walks and Wildlife Trust nature trails with bird hides.
Our guests enjoy hearty breakfasts with a wide choice of Fair Trade products, homemade jams and marmalade, thick cut premium bacon, and eggs from our own free range Black Rock hens. We can cater for specific diets too.
Our rooms are en-suite and have TV, CD/DVD, radio alarm clock, hair dryer, tea/coffee facilities and complimentary toiletries. Beach towels, fridge, telephone and iron are also provided.
After a long day’s adventure on the Islands you can relax in our comfortable lounge with TV, books, jigsaws, games and hot drinks facilities.
Blue Carn Cottage is a family friendly, environmentally friendly and a non-smoking establishment.
Open from 1st March to 27th October
Facilities & Features
- Our guests regularly comment on how peaceful and quiet it is in the cottage and on the comfort of our beds.
- Family rooms available, and cot, highchair and pushchair are provided.
- Comfortable lounge with TV, books: local history and holiday reading, jigsaws, games and hot drinks facilities.
- Hearty breakfasts: wide choice of Fair Trade items, homemade jams/marmalade, & eggs from our own free range Black Rock hens.
- A fridge, telephone, beach towels and iron also provided.
- Courtyard garden available for bikes and beach things.
- Packed lunches and flasks available.
- Happy to help with organising your stay, booking boat trips, dinner reservations, taxis, etc
- One minute walk from a beautiful but quiet beach, great for sunbathing, swimming, and rock pooling at the edges.
- Only 15 minutes walk away from the main hub of Hugh Town.
Prices & Conditions
We have family rooms available, and prices are reduced per person where more than two people share. Please contact us for details.
Low season prices are valid for March, October and November.
Come and stay for any number of days (minimum 3 nights), starting on any day of the week. For our family rooms, prices are reduced per person where more than two people share. Please contact us for details.
There is one ground floor bedroom, but this does have four steps up into the large shower/dressing room with a separate room for the toilet and washbasin.
There is also one step down from the lounge into the dining room.