The Old Chapel Bed and Breakfast - St. Mary's
You will receive a warm welcome at The Old Chapel.
Our home cooked breakfast made from local produce will set you up for the day as you enjoy the beautiful sights the islands have to offer.
Our spacious double rooms and well appointed bathrooms, with wrought iron beds and high quality linens
We provide a comfortable and relaxing space for you to rest and recharge your batteries after a long day exploring.
We can also offer trip advice or make restaurant bookings to help you make the most of your visit to the islands
The Old Chapel started life as a Wesleyan meeting hall, built in the 1800's when Old Town was the main settlement on St Mary's.
The house has been carefully remodelled over the years, but still retains all the history and character you would wish for from a period property, much of its character has been introduced through the inclusion of materials acquired through the island tradition of salvage from wrecks.
The Old Chapel offers a unique atmosphere of period history and modern comfort as the house itself and the guest bedrooms have been brought up to a high standard as part of the experience offered to guests.
We aim to offer a comfortable and relaxing base after a long day exploring the islands, our rooms are very comfortably equipped, with wrought iron beds, good quality linens and plenty of space to relax and recharge your batteries ready for the next day’s adventure.
Situated ideally for roaming the island, 5 minutes’ walk from the inns, cafes, restaurants and galleries of Old Town, close to both Nature Reserves and 15 minutes from the main Hugh Town quay for those who want to use tripper boats to explore off island.
Our aim is to make your stay at the Old Chapel one to remember.
All year round.
Facilities & Features
- Spectacular period property dating from late 1800s
- 200 metres from Old Town Beach and the Lower Moor Nature Reserve, only a short 15 minute walk to Hugh Town
- Two spacious 1st floor double bedrooms
- Large garden with full sun and a 30 foot conservatory for relaxing and enjoying those quiet moments.
- Free Wi-Fi, 22” TV, Tea, Coffee Machine, Noble Isles high quality Toiletries, Hair dryer, complimentary in each room
- Full cooked breakfast available, as well as lighter options if required, also special dietary needs accommodated
- For arts and crafts we are close to the galleries and potteries of old Town.
- For food and entertainment, The Old Town Inn is a fun night out and the Tolmans Bistro serves and excellent evening meal
Prices & Conditions
Single occupancy supplement £20 per night over the summer period.
Minimum of 3 night stay
Sorry no children under the age of 10
Sorry but no pets
As our rooms are situated on the 1st floor, our accommodation may not be suitable for persons with mobility difficulties, please see our website for our access statement.