Fisherman's Arms, 7 Smugglers Ride - St. Mary's
‘Fisherman’s Arms’ is a comfortable one bedroom (twin beds) apartment on the first floor of Smugglers Ride, a granite house on Town Beach built over a hundred years ago. There is direct access to the beach and uninterrupted views across the harbour to Tresco and the Eastern Isles from both sitting room and bedroom.
Here you will find a comfortable, bright and airy apartment furnished with everything necessary for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. Smugglers Ride, with the adjoining house, Harbour Lights, was for many years a popular guest house until skilful conversion to holiday apartments in the mid 1980’s.
From both sitting room and bedroom you will be able to keep an eye on the perpetual activity in the harbour from waking with your cup of tea until retiring to your comfortable bed to watch the sunset. And yet you will have only a two minute walk to the main street with supermarket, shops, banks, post office, pubs and restaurants.
Do you prefer a bath or a shower ? No problem, you will find both in this modern bathroom (which also has a heated towel rail). There are very efficient convector heaters for use on chillier days or evenings – as well as a good supply of books and jigsaw puzzles there is a Radio/CD player, TV with DVD/VHS recorder, hair dryer and all the usual kitchen appliances including a microwave oven.
You will find chairs for the beach – why not spend an hour or two there with a book on a sunny afternoon or perhaps a glass of wine in the evening.
Open from April to October and at other times by special arrangement.
Facilities & Features
- Fabulous views of the harbour and Tresco and the Eastern Isles beyond
- Direct access to the beach via the courtyard between Smugglers Ride and Harbour Lights
- Two minutes walk to shops and all amenities
- Short – level – walk to the quay for boats to other islands
- Electricity included in the price
- Linen and towels provided – but please bring your own beach towels
- Washing machine and tumble drier available on site at a small additional charge
- WiFi available to visitors
- Changeover day is TUESDAY – can be varied in low season
Prices & Conditions
Low season £490 per week; Mid season £545 per week;
High season £630 per week
Bookings will not be taken more than 11 months in advance, to allow visitors an opportunity to re-book if they wish.
‘Fisherman’s Arms’ is reached by two short flights of stairs from the hall of Smugglers Ride – to reach the hall there are four steps up from the road.