Halangy, Morgelyn - St. Mary's
Situated at the North of St Marys, Morgelyn offers a peaceful retreat in comfortable surroundings with stunning views as well as historical sights and beaches nearby. McFarlands Down is a quiet, unmade road with 20 or so houses surrounded by fields and downland (Halangy Down) leading to Pendrathen, Bants Carn Ancient village and Burial Chambers and Bar Point.
Morgelyn consists of two flats of varying sizes, a communal lounge and owners' accommodation.
Both flats have electric showers and room heaters and are named after local areas.
Creeb is named after the long outcrop of rocks below Bants Carn. An ideal place to watch the sunset
Halangy is named after the downs around this area which support many birds and wildlife and to walk across them, especially when the gorse is flowering is is a delight.
This ground floor flat is the largest. It has a double bedroom and ensuite toilet/wash basin. There is a chest of drawers and wardrobe. The spacious living /dining area has a comfortable bed settee, dining table, four chairs and two wicker arm chairs. There is also a chest of drawers. The bathroom with shower leads from this room as does the kitchen .The kitchen has a hatch into the dining area. It has electric cooker , microwave and fridge with freezing compartment.
Open from May to October
Facilities & Features
- Quiet location
- Easy access to Hugh Town (30min walk, bus stop 2 mins away, taxi and bike hire also available)
- All linen and towels and electricity included
- Wednesday changeover
- Free WiFi
- TV/ DVD and radio in each flat
- Comfortable communal lounge with books, local information and a chance to meet up with other guests
- Garden at the front of house with seating and picnic table
- Children 6 + during school holidays
- Ideal location for walks and bird watching
- No dogs
Prices & Conditions
£430 - £460 per week
Situated on an unmade road so may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties. 2 small steps into main entrance. Creeb and Halangy are on the ground floor.