Serica at Glandore Apartments - St. Mary's
'Serica' is a comfortable, well-equipped 'bijou' apartment within our large, cream 1930s property, surrounded by nearly half an acre of private gardens, including a sunny patio with barbecue and a shaded ‘Library’ patio (so named because guests enjoy reading there!). Porthloo beach is only fifty yards from our gate and offers stunning views of the famous Scillonian sunsets.
‘Serica’ apartment has a modern living room comprising a well equipped kitchen area, a dining table and chairs, and two comfortable armchairs offering stunning west-facing sea views. The bedroom has a 4ft 6" high base double bed with deep sprung mattress and memory foam top layer, and a smart modern ensuite shower and toilet with a view towards the harbour and Garrison. Patio windows open from the bedroom onto a private sunny south facing balcony with table and chairs. All apartments are personally serviced by ourselves.
When you arrive, we will be on hand to greet you and show you personally around the apartment. The beds will all be made up and the table laid with flowers together with a welcome tray of tea/coffee and biscuits. The 'What's On' list and 'Things to Do' sheets giving you important information about Scilly during your stay will be on the table ready for you to peruse at your leisure.
We offer an advance grocery order option whereby you can send us a list of (mainly breakfast) items which will be waiting in your apartment for your arrival. You can take your time to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and delicious biscuits from the welcome tray while you relax and start your holiday.
We have been welcoming guests to Glandore Apartments for since 2000. As proprietors, we live on the premises and are committed to ensuring that our guests are as comfortable as possible. Glandore is your 'home from home' here on the beautiful Isles of Scilly and we hope you will enjoy the relaxing peace and quiet of our beachside apartments.
Our main season runs from March to October inclusive. (The apartments are closed for the whole of December and the first half of January) Serica is a warm, cosy and comfortable 'bijou' apartment with stunning sea and country views ... perfect for a short (or long!) break during the off peak season in November or late January/February. Please contact us for details and availability.
Facilities & Features
- Change over day Thursday
- 50 yards to Porthloo Beach
- Country views from private south facing balcony accessed through patio windows from bedroom
- Stunning sea view from sitting room
- Resident proprietors for a truly personal service
- All bedding and towels provided (including beach towels)
- Beds made up for guests’ arrival
- Free Wi Fi internet access and free loan of Windows 7 laptop computer if required (advance notice required)
- Advance grocery order form sent on receipt of balance payment.
- Washer/drier in apartment together with a washing line in garden available to guests
- 4ft 6" high base double bed with deep sprung mattress and memory foam top layer.
Prices & Conditions
£385 - £785 per week
Vacancies updated Sunday 11th November 2018
Serica vacancies now updated to late October 2019. The Spring Bank Holiday fortnight is available - snap it up now!
- the fortnight arriving on Thursday 23rd May 2019 and departing on Thursday 6th June 2019. The high season tariff will be £810 per week fully inclusive. If two weeks are booked, there will be a 5% discount of £40.50 on the second week.
Serica apartment is also available for five weeks next autunn from Thursday 25th September to Thursday 31st October 2019.
Due to the structure of the building, ‘Serica’ apartment is not suitable for people of limited physical mobility due to stairs, steps and thresholds. Regretfully, there is NO ground floor access this Apartment which is located on the second floor of the building.