Slippen at Glandore Apartments - St. Mary's
'Slippen' is a ground floor apartment within our large, cream 1930s property, surrounded by nearly half an acre of private gardens. This apartment has its own private sunny south facing garden with stone patio and barbecue. Porthloo beach is only fifty yards from our gate and offers stunning views of the famous Scillonian sunsets.
'Slippen' is a ground floor apartment with a private entrance, it offers a bright modern kitchen overlooking the garden, leading into a large sitting/dining room with four metre wide bifold windows opening out onto a private garden with stone barbecue and flagstone patio, there is a spacious double bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and ensuite shower/toilet (extra-large shower virtually flush with the floor giving easy access). All apartments are personally serviced by ourselves.
When you arrive, we will be on hand to greet you and show you personally around the apartment. The beds will all be made up and the table laid with flowers together with a welcome tray of tea/coffee and biscuits. The 'What's On' list and 'Things to Do' sheets giving you important information about Scilly during your stay will be on the table ready for you to peruse at your leisure.
We offer an advance grocery order option whereby you can send us a list of (mainly breakfast) items which will be waiting in your apartment for your arrival. You can take your time to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and delicious biscuits from the welcome tray while you relax and start your holiday.
We have been welcoming guests to Glandore Apartments since 2000. As proprietors, we live on the premises and are committed to ensuring that our guests are as comfortable as possible. Glandore is your 'home from home' here on the beautiful Isles of Scilly and we hope you will enjoy the relaxing peace and quiet of our beachside apartments.
Our main season runs from March to October inclusive. (The apartments are closed for the whole of December and the first half of January) Slippen is a cosy and comfortable apartment ... perfect for a short (or long!) break during the off peak season in November or late January/February. Please contact us for details and availability.
Facilities & Features
- Change over day Wednesday
- 50 yards to Porthloo Beach
- Country views from private south facing garden with stone paved patio and pergola
- Stone-built barbecue, patio table and chairs for fabulous alfresco meals
- Resident proprietors for a truly personal service
- All bedding and towels provided (including beach towels)
- Beds made up for guests’ arrival
- Free Wi Fi internet access and free loan of Windows 7 laptop computer if required (advance notice required)
- Advance grocery order form sent on receipt of balance payment
- Washer/drier in apartment together with a private rotary washing line in garden.
- Wood framed double bed (4ft 6" wide) with wooden headboard
- Provided in the apartment: hairdryer, basic Vodafone mobile phone, rechargeable torch plus ...
Prices & Conditions
£390 - £810 per week
Updated Friday 21st September 2018
Slippen vacancies now updated until the end of August 2019. One nice week available in late May/early June, and a summer holiday fortnight available 7th - 21st August - snap them up while you can!
- a week arriving on Wednesday 29th May and departing on Wednesday 5th June 2019. Summer tariff £810 per week fully inclusive.
- two weeks arriving on Wednesday 7th August and departing on Wednesday 21st August 2019. Summer tariff £810 per week. If the fortnight is booked, there will be a 5% discount on the second week of £40.50.
‘Slippen’ apartment is on the ground floor of the building and so is most suited to guests of limited mobility. However, there are thresholds to step over and a single step up into the kitchen and bifold patio doors.