Troytown Farm Shop - St. Agnes
Troytown Farm is the only dairy farm in Scilly. Milking 9 dairy cows, it might also be the smallest in the country. Farming on a small scale works for us, as we process the milk in our little dairy and make very special ice cream, clotted cream, butter and yogurt to sell direct to our customers from our farm shop.
Recommended by Cool Places.
Troytown ice cream is made in small batches in our little dairy and has a luxurious thick creamy texture due to the whole milk, cream and other simple, fresh ingredients and care we put in. We have over 30 flavours, with a good selection on offer every day in our shop.
Reward your walk to the farm and treat yourself to ‘The Works’ - A large waffle cone with two scoops of ice cream, a chocolate or fudge stick and a generous dollop of our traditional clotted cream. A great excuse to stop for a while and enjoy the amazing views from the farm.
Our little dairy shop is open daily from 8am to 7pm and sells our very special ice cream in cones, small tubs and family tubs to share. Troytown ice cream is also sold in the best restaurants, cafes and shops throughout the islands.
Troytown farm has a Devonshire Red bull who sires all the calves, which are reared non-intensively on downland to produce tasty free range beef which we sell as steaks, mince, burgers and joints. We also rear pigs, for pork (sausages, chops, ribs, joints) and bacon.
We can deliver our produce around Scilly to homes and self-catering cottages. If you would like to order any of our produce for delivery (or to collect from our shop) please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01720 423713 to order by phone.
Summer opening hours are 8am – 7pm every day, outside of the summer season, opening times vary.
Facilities & Features
- Try a delicious homemade ice cream.
- Meet the animals – there are usually cows, calves, piglets, hens, ducks and cats around the farm.
- Troytown Farm reared Pork and Beef are also available from the freezer.
- We take orders for delivery across Scilly or for collection.
- We are located on the SW side of St Agnes, about 15 minutes walk from the quay.
- A great place to stop on a walk around St Agnes. Explore the nearby downs and find Troytown maze.
- Enjoy an ice cream while taking in the amazing views from the farm towards Annet and the Western Rocks