Miracle Theatre - Life's a Dream
A brand new adaptation by Bill Scott with music by Tom Adams.
An epic fable of love, war and destiny, full of passion and humour, from Cornwall’s award winning Miracle Theatre.
Based on Calderon’s greatest play, La Vida Es Sueño, published 20 years after Shakespeare’s death Life’s a Dream is regarded as the jewel in the crown of Spain’s golden age of literature.
A young Woman, travelling through a wild and mountainous region, discovers a Prince who has been imprisoned by his father since birth, to foil a prophecy that he will bring disaster to the world and death to the King. Prompted by the Woman, the King is overcome with remorse and sets his son free, giving him the chance to prove his good character. But is it ever possible to escape one’s fate?
Touring since 1979, Miracle has a gained a reputation for producing fresh and truthful adaptions. By trimming the text to the bone and fleshing it out with original music, physical performance and a joyful use of language, Miracle guarantees inspiring entertainment that can be enjoyed by all generations.
WEDNESDAY 27 JULY, 7PM KARMA HOTEL ST MARTINS – 01720 422368
THURSDAY 28 JULY, 6:30PM OLD GRIMSBY TRESCO – 01720 422849
FRIDAY 29, SATURDAY 30 & SUNDAY 31 JULY 8PM - ST MARY CHAPLAINCY GARDENS, ST MARY’S – TICKETS FROM TIC 01720 424031
Go to WWW.MIRACLETHEATRE.CO.UK for more details
Cornwall’s Miracle Theatre’s productions are one of the highlights of the summer! Their witty and inventive performances take place against the extraordinary backdrops of our unique landscape. Audiences of all ages are invited to enjoy the full ‘open air theatre experience’, by bringing along well stocked hampers, cushions and blankets for a special night of theatre performed under the stars! Tour dates and details www.miracletheatre.co.uk
- Audience all ages welcome however, recommended age 7+, young children to be accompanied by an adult
- Running time: approximately 2 hours plus interval.
- Tickets: Available in advance from TIC St Marys; & on the gate from *please note no debit or credit payments taken on the gate. Cash or cheque only*
· Top Tips for Open Air Theatre – whatever the weather!
· Come Prepared
· Bring whatever you need for a cosy evening. Warm woollies, blankets waterproofs and insect spray!
· Arrive Early
· Pick a great spot and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
· Bring a torch
· It’s very helpful to safely find your way back home.