Scilly makes the “Hottest 100 Experiences in the World”
The Isles of Scilly has made it to the Top 100 of hottest experiences in the world according to International Traveller, Australia’s best-selling outbound travel magazine.
On sale today, the special collectors’ edition of the magazine reveals the 100 Ultimate Travel Experiences of a Lifetime. In 100th place, is “Be amazed by the Isles of Scilly”.
The Top 100 was selected by a panel of 10 travel experts, among them Lonely Planet’s Richard l’Anson, Sally Webb and award-winning travel writers John Borthwick and Andrew Bain, who spent hours analysing nominations from globe-trotting Australians to reveal the ultimate list of the top 100 travel experiences you must have on your bucket list.
The Top 10 of the Top 100 in the World are:
- An epic African Safari, Africa
- Hike in Torres del Paine National Park, Chile
- Trek to see the Mountain Gorilla, Africa
- Explore the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
- See the Amazon rainforest, South America
- The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Peru
- Taj Mahal at sunrise, India
- Great Wall of China, China
- The beauty of Petra, Jordan
- A week in New York, USA
“We are obviously delighted to make this list and honoured that such a little place like Scilly is in such elite company,” says Amanda Pender, Tourism Co-ordinator. “Australians clearly appreciate natural beauty and amazing landscapes – both of which Scilly is blessed with in spades – and it’s fantastic to know that there is a growing awareness of our islands as far away as Australia.”