Stephen Morris at Glandore Gallery - St. Mary's
Located within their home at Porthloo, Glandore Gallery is a small, friendly, beachside gallery run by local artist, Stephen Morris, and his wife, Lois. Stephen paints exclusively ‘en plein air’ in watercolour and, more recently, inks, with a colourful and distinctive signature style. His cards and giclee prints are also available along with those of his late aunt, Nan Heath.
In addition to exhibitions on the Isles of Scilly, Stephen has also shown his work in Cornwall, London, France and Spain. In 2009 and 2011, he had two solo exhibitions at the Botanical Gardens in Edgbaston Birmingham and was shortlisted for the ‘Artist of the Year’ competition by Artist and Illustrator magazine in 2013. In July 2016, he exhibited his paintings of Scilly and Venice at the Parallax Art Fair at Chelsea Old Town Hall in London.
Opening Times: Glandore Gallery is open from 10am till 5pm Monday to Saturday inclusive, from April to the end of October. It is also open during the winter from November to March with reduced opening hours, 11am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm.
Directions (walking): If you follow the road from Hugh Town to Porthmellon, you will see a fingerpost sign outside Speros Restaurant pointing along the beach path to Glandore Gallery. Walk to Porthloo Green and the slipway (about 10 minutes walk) and Glandore is the large cream house with a terracotta tiled roof on your right. The Gallery’s sign at our back gate features Stephen’s distinctive agapanthus painting. Please come through the gate into our garden and follow the arrows up the main steps into the entrance hall to reach the Gallery itself.
Directions (driving): If you are coming by road along Porthloo Lane, the entrance to our drive is about fifty yards past the duck pond on the left. Electric buggies are welcome and can park safely on the turning circle inside.
10am - 5pm Monday to Saturday inclusive from April to October
11am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm Monday to Saturday inclusive from November to March
Facilities & Features
- Credit card facilities available
- Wonderful sea views from our beach-side gallery
- Safe off-road parking for golf buggies and bicycles on our drive
- Delivery of purchases to your holiday accommodation if required
- Mail order service offered
- Comfortable chairs available in the Gallery for visitors
- Nearest cafes - Speros, Juliet’s Garden, Golf Club and Kaffeehaus
- Private garden with seating for customers’ family or friends
- Toilet available for Gallery customers
- Regretfully no disabled access due to structure of building