Five on Scilly get shortlisted for Cornwall Tourism Awards
The shortlisted finalists in the Cornwall Tourism Awards 2017/18 have been announced and once again, the Isles of Scilly will be well represented at this year’s ceremony taking place at the Headland Hotel in Newquay, Cornwall on Thursday 2nd November.
This year, five Scilly businesses will be honoured with either Gold, Silver or Bronze Awards. They are:
- Scilly Seal Snorkelling in the Active & Sporting Experience of the Year category
- Karma St. Martin’s – in the Dog-Friendly Business of the Year category
- Star Castle in the Restaurant/Bistro of the Year category
- Hell Bay Hotel – in the Small/Boutique Hotel of the Year category (for the fourth consecutive year)
- Islands’ Regatta (Visit Isles of Scilly/Islands’ Partnership) – in the Tourism Event/Festival of the Year category
In addition, The Wheelhouse, Tregarthen’s Cottages and Karma St. Martin’s were all Highly Commended in this year’s selection process in the B&B of the Year, Self-Catering Holiday Provider and Small/Boutique Hotel of the Year categories, respectively.
“We’re delighted for all the businesses on Scilly who have been named finalists and who have been Highly Commended at this year’s awards,” says David Jackson, Executive Director, Islands’ Partnership. “Every year, the judging gets tougher as visitors’ expectations increase, so it is great to see that Scilly remains competitive with the rest of Cornwall. We are particularly pleased to see that the Islands’ Regatta, a real showcase event last year, has been recognised,” he adds. “We wish all five of our finalists the very best of luck on the 2nd November; let's hope it's another great night for Scilly."
Successful businesses in the Cornwall Awards will be fast tracked into the South West Tourism Excellence Awards in February 2017 and possibly invited to represent Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly in the 2016/2017 National VisitEngland Awards.